October 10, 2015

Inkspirational Challenge - Prompt Word - Glow

Hey there!  It's time for another challenge over at Inkspirational!  This time we have a prompt word for you.  The word is 'Glow'.


Now, at first I wasn't sure what to do.  I was trying to think of stamps I had that I could use when suddenly my eyes lit upon the bottle of glow in the dark paint I had bought for a different project. Eureka!  Heck yeah, that glows!  Then it just all came together.  Take a look...


First I stamped my flying saucer (Inkadinkado) in black.  I made a mask and covered it up.  I masked off the bottom section of my card and sponged on Nautical Navy, Teal Zeal Memento inks and a bit of Picked Raspberyy Distress ink.  Then I splattered the glow in the dark paint as well as some white acrylic paint for stars. I uncovered my flying saucer and coloured it with my Spectrum Noir markers. Then I took some of the glow in the dark paint and painted over the dome of the flying saucer. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  I wish so much that I could show you how cool this card looks in the dark but none of the pictures I took turned out.  :-(  So, you're just going to have to trust me.  It's cool.  :-)

Anyway, I hope you take a look at the other projects the Ink girls have made as well as our awesome guest designer, Hannelie, of Desert Diva.  Maybe you'll join in the fun, and make a card too.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a fabulous day!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Virginia's View Challenge - All Things Coloured


8 comments:

  1. Ooh very cool idea Kim, glow in the dark paint, love it! And what a fab card for a teenager!! One layer queen I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glow in the dark! Wow. Wish I could see it do that. Even with out the special twist, it's a fabulous, fun space-themed card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That is beyond 100% COOL!!! Kim, only you can think out of the box like this! You are the Wonder Woman of Crafting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant take on the word prompt - my boys love glow in the dark stuff and this space themed card would be perfect. I may have to 'borrow' your idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the word "Glow"! Looks fabulous even in the light and can imagine that it's even cooler in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is so cool! Love the sky and stars! Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are so talented to have come up with this idea...and the fabulous design....clever or what! BRILLIANT in fact......out of this world card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no doubt that your glow-in-the-dark space ship is ultra cool in the dark, because it most definitely is in the light! Brilliant take on the word prompt and ever so much fun!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!