August 20, 2015

STAMPlorations Stamp Spotlight Week - Day 4

 
and today we're showcasing another fabulous new set!


 

Spotlight on HOUSESEXTRAS
 

preview-TBSHousesExtras
 
 
What fun extras for the Houses set, right?

Have you ever seen a card that you just absolutely needed to try and recreate?  Well, that's what happened with this card.  I saw THIS CARD on Pinterest and I just loved it.  I didn't have any of the stamps but I did have some STAMPloration stamps and stencils that just happened to fit what I wanted.  Now, my card doesn't look exactly the same but that's the beauty of CASEing.  You make a design you like but you almost always end up making it your own in some way too.  :-)

Anyway, here's my card...

 

On a sage green piece of cardstock I sponged clear versamark on using the Holly Background stencil.  Then I embossed it in white.  I then sponged on some broken china and forest moss Distress ink.  I spritzed some water on it to blend the colours a bit.  Once it was dry I sponged on a bit of white ink.  I hand cut some snowy hills and attached them to my panel.  Next, I did some paper piecing with the house (Houses - The Bee's Knees) and trees (Houses Extras - The Bee's Knees).  The windows and door of the house were stamped on white paper then coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut and pieced on.  It was a bit fiddly but it looks good I think.  The tree trunks were coloured in with my markers as well.  I attached these to my panel and then stamped my sentiment (Sentiment Builder - Christmas & New Years) in black.  I'm quite pleased with the CASE. It's not my usual CAS style but I like to mix it up every once in a while. :-)


------------------
Check out what the rest of the team made! You'll find links to all our projects here.
------------------

 I hope you'll all join in on the fun!  Have a fantastic day and thanks for visiting!

 


23 comments:

  1. What a cute card design for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card - love how you mad et background:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not seen that done before so will be popping off to Pinterest next, thanks for more great inspiration and showing that these stamps can be used in many ways Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the card, especially the stencilled sky is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper pieced house and trees are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite set.... love it. You are just so creative Kim - what a perfect Christmas card - wow. What a wonderful inspiration. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome! I love the way u did the sky, so creative and unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that house. Great card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, fantastic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! (And thanks for the reminder to start my Christmas cards haha).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the stencil makes the theme of the card and all the paper piecing is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super warm and inviting Christmas card - I love how the house is all lit up and glowing with the spirit of the holidays - that background is pretty gorgeous too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet scene!! Loveeeee the tress and the card!! :) Thanks for the hop.
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how brilliantly you have created this adorable scene...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliantly created with these amazing stamps.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The house is a work of art. It looks so warm and cozy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card. Love the stenciled sky.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful and artistic Kim. Love every single detail. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so UNIQUE! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the stenciling in an artistic way and beautiful paper pieced house, really popped up so well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous CASE, Kim! I love that the windows are aglow. I may have to CASE your CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great background and fab paper piecing. The windows are awesome and the trees look as ifvthey had fairy lights on, love it. ☺ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the elements you used to help us think ahead to holiday cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!