March 23, 2015

Purple Blossom

Well, I did as I said I would and started sketching again.  This time I decided to sketch some flowers. I've coloured two so far and will be sharing another card soon.  This time I decided to use my Spectrum Noir markers to colour in my flower.  Not sure exactly what kind of flower it is but I thought it was pretty in its simplicity.  Take a look...


Once I had drawn and coloured it I fussy cut it out.  I stamped my flourishes (Inkadinkado) in mellow moss (SU!) then I adhered my flower.  I stamped the sentiment (Fiskars) in black.  I like how the flower is the star of the card and goes off the edge a bit.

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

CAS-ology - cue card is Blossom
Addicted to Stamps and More - anything goes
Fusion Card Challenge -  I went with just the inspiration photo.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a fantastic day!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower, Kim! Love how you made it the focal point of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Kim - beautifully drawn and coloured! I also love the font on that sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning flower, Kim! It's so expertly colored it looks real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!!!!!!!! So happy to see you at CASology sharing your talents!!! ......our new challenge begins tomorrow - Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your drawing skills are incredible, I thought this was a stamped image!! Absolutely amazing and I love too how its the star and having it positioned off the edge makes it more modern some how. So brilliant and I'm always happy to see you at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? This is amazing! Love your hand-drawn (and colored) bloom! So glad you joined the Fusion Challenge : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower is absolutely gorgeous, Kim! I love the rich color and the flourishes are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Kim! Your flower reminds me of pansies, which in turn, reminds me of my grandparents, who had the most incredible gardens ever! Snapdragons, sweet peas, asters, marigolds...and, of course, pansies! Your sketching skills: AH-MAZING!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Kim! You drew this...wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!