February 06, 2015

Guest Designing at STAMPlorations February Challenge

Good morning everyone!  I am guest designing over at STAMPlorations again for their monthly challenge for February.  I know I've guested there quite a few times already but I'm always so honored to do so.  I love the stamps and Shery and the DT are all so talented and friendly.  :-). Anyways, onto to the challenge!


Stamps and Hearts?!  It's the perfect month for hearts!  I was excited to create another Valentine card but realized I don't have a heart stamp by STAMPlorations!  What to do?!  Improvise!  Take a look...





I have these post-it notes that are heart shaped so I decided to use one as a mask.  I then took my red, light pink and metallic pink gelatos and coloured my flower stamp (Eclectic Florals set by STAMPlorations) then wet the stamp with water using a paint brush.  I found that spraying with water made it too wet so the brush gave me some control over that.  I stamped all over my panel with the mask with the three colours.  Then I removed the mask and let it dry.  I attached my panel to a white card base with foam dots and added a red satin puffy heart.  I think I salvaged the puffy heart off of something years ago.  I decided to leave it with no sentiment.  I didn't think it needed one.  :-)

I hope you'll join in on the challenge over at STAMPlorations.  There's always a prize to be won and great inspiration from the DT.  Look forward to seeing you there!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

CAS on Sunday - add a flower or flowers.
STAMPlorations - (ongoing) Anything Goes challenge
AAA Cards - "love love love"


Fusion Card Challenge - "Heartfelt". A great inspiration photo.  I was inspired by all the hearts.


Hope you all have a lovely day and thank you so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Fab-o improvisational skills, Kim! You've done a fantastic job saving that puffy heart from extinction! Thanks for guest designing with us this month at STAMPlorations (and last month) you're a regular rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for DAYS to pin this BEAUTY!! Your generation stamping is perfect, the BG looks like fabric or wallpaper!
    Great to have you as GD at STAMPlorations this month:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking at this for ages thinking how pretty and inventive it was, a really gorgeous card.
    So good to have you as GD this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your improvising! Looks so romantic and beautiful, :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go on the improvising! Creativity blooms my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very clever way to integrate a heart, Kim! Love those flower stamps; they are going on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous stamping and masking! Beautiful work! I love your background. Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea, I might use it sometime. So glad you could join us at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the flower inking background! Great to have you as GD at STAMPlorations this month

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so pretty!
    Thanks for playing along with us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Thanks for joining in at AAA

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely to see you as Guest Designer again at Stamplorations, Kim! Your card is so pretty! Your gelato painting is expert and such a perfect frame around that cool puffy heart!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!