December 06, 2014

Inkspirational Challenge - Everything Goes With Gold

Hello Inkspirational fans!  It's time for another awesome challenge over at the Inkspirational headquarters.  This time you need to create a card with some gold on it.  All other colours are acceptable too!  I expect to see some lovely golden cards for this challenge!


For this challenge, I decided to try a black Christmas card again.  Black and gold look so beautiful together so why not?!  Take a look...


So I took a panel of black cardstock and stamped my snowflake (Hero Arts F5793) with Versamark and embossed in gold.  I love this gold embossing powder.  It's probably over 10 years old as it's one of the first I ever bought and it's such a bright gold.  And it's almost gone!  :-(   I'll have to go on a search for a nice bright gold embossing powder soon.  Anyway, once that was done I attached my panel to my black card base.  Then I made a bow from some sparkly black ribbon I got from Michaels.  Lastly, I added some gold jingle bells.  I really love how this looks.  It's pretty simple to do too.

Well, I hope you will go check out what the other girls on the Ink DT have come up with.  You know it's going to be fabulous!  Plus, we have an amazing Guest Designer joining us too.  Please stop by and pay Deborah of Deborah's Gems a visit.  She's created a wonderful card for your inspiration!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Christmas/holidays
Kylie is Addicted to Stamps - Kylie is having a little Christmas card challenge on her blog.  She even has a prize of a customized watermark!

I hope you all had a nice visit here and I was able to inspire you to play along with us Ink girls.  Have a fabulous day!

11 comments:

  1. Elegant and classy, Kim! Your embossed snowflakes are stunning, and that bow/bell centrepiece...oh my! WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very elegant and love the centre piece x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is amazing. I love the gold and black - so elegant. Wonderful snowflake and I do like the bell in the centre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you go untraditional....Black & Gold is just a perfect choice. Matches my card perfectly....made me think of the song by Stevie Wonder "Ebony & Ivory" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the drama of the black and the gold and the bells add fun !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer! This is a stunner--love the gold jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim this is stunning..really
    I never try Black and Gold..sometimes I combine Black and silver
    but your black and gold card inspiring me to make one more card for Inkspirational challenge...your card so elegant Kim
    I ADORE THIS
    I am joining the Inkspirational again this time..wish you like to visiting me back and maybe leaving me some love Kim...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Kim! Black Christmas cards are so elegant! The gold embossing looks fantastic and I like that you found some gold bells as well. Great card!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, the black and gold is completely classy. Stunning card! Thanks so much for playing along in my Christmas Card Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Kim, so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!